Introductory Astrology Class
Beginning Fall 2018
with Heather Ensworth, Ph.D.
This class is designed to assist you in learning modern western astrology (working from a psychological and spiritual perspective) and how to interpret birth charts as well as how to understand the current profound shifts that are happening in the world.
Astrology is an ancient art and science dating back thousands of years. It is based on the awareness that all of life is interconnected and that the patterns of life on Earth are mirrored in the movements of the planets and stars in the sky. Astrology is a profound tool to assist us in understanding who we each are in our uniqueness, the themes in our lives and in our relationships as well as understanding the larger global cycles.
In this class, we will work with our own birth charts in depth as well as with other charts (of famous individuals) to learn the basic meanings of the planets and signs as well as how to interpret the themes and patterns in the charts. While modern Western astrology has been very influenced by Greek and Roman mythology, which has shaped our understanding of the archetypal meanings of the planets and signs of the zodiac, we will trace back to the earliest known myths and meanings to recover a deeper, less patriarchal understanding of these planets and signs.
The topics covered will include:
* ancient archetypal meanings of the planets and signs of the
* learning how the planets speak to different facets of who we
* meanings of the house placements in the chart and how these
relate to our lives
* understanding the elements and modalities in the chart
* learning how to interpret planetary aspects and cycles
* exploring transits and how they relate to current life issues
as well as developmental cycles
* how to find the primary themes and patterns in the chart and
how they might manifest in the person’s life in physical, emotional and spiritual ways
* evolutionary astrology — how to see the soul’s purpose and
journey through the chart
* synastry and composite charts – how to understand core
dynamics in relationships through the interaction of the charts
The class will meet for 10 sessions (one Saturday each month from 10 am-4 pm) for $130/session — total cost for the program (including videos, class materials and online classes): $1300
Class Dates (2018-2019):
Sep 22, Oct 13, Nov 10, Dec 8, Jan 12, Feb 8, March 16, April 13,
May 11, June 8
Cost: $1300 for 10 sessions
Instructor: Heather Ensworth, Ph.D., clinical psychologist and astrologer
Location: Rising Moon Healing Center, South Hamilton, MA
Contact Heather for more information or to register for the class