Introductory Online Astrology Class
Beginning Fall 2017
with Heather Ensworth, Ph.D.
In this class, you will learn how to interpret birth charts and how to understand the times that we are in globally. We will work with videos, online materials and online class discussions to learn the basics of astrology.
Astrology is an ancient art and science dating back thousands of years. It is based on the awareness that all of life is interconnected and that the patterns of life on Earth are mirrored in the movements of the planets and stars in the sky. Astrology is a profound tool to assist us in understanding personal life issues as well as larger global cycles.
In this class, we will work with our own birth charts in depth as well as with other charts (of famous individuals or charts brought by group members) to learn the basic meanings of the planets and signs as well as how to interpret charts. While modern Western astrology has been very influenced by Greek and Roman mythology, which has shaped our understanding of the archetypal meanings of the planets and signs of the zodiac, we will trace back to the earliest known myths and meanings to recover a deeper, less patriarchal understanding of these planets and signs.
You will be able to download videos and online materials that you can work with in your own timeframe. The class will meet online (or in person) for 9 sessions (one Saturday each month from 10am-12:30 pm) for $125/session — total cost for the program: $1250
Oct. 14, Nov. 11, Dec. 9, 2017
Jan. 6, Feb. 3, March 3, April 7, May 5, June 2, 2018
Class is limited to 10: so please register as early as possible if interested in the class
The topics covered will include:
* ancient archetypal meanings of the planets and signs of the
* learning how the planets speak to different facets of who we
* meanings of the house placements in the chart and how these
relate to our lives
* understanding the elements and modalities in the chart
* learning how to interpret planetary aspects and cycles
* exploring transits and how they relate to current life issues
as well as developmental cycles
* how to find the primary themes and patterns in the chart and
how they might manifest in the person’s life in physical, emotional and spiritual ways
* evolutionary astrology — how to see the soul’s purpose and
journey through the chart
* synastry and composite charts – how to understand core
dynamics in relationships through the interaction of the charts
Instructor: Heather Ensworth, Ph.D., clinical psychologist and astrologer
Location: Rising Moon Healing Center, South Hamilton, MA
For more information or to register, contact: Heather Ensworth, email@example.com